So this was supposed to be weekly. Obviously, that has failed. But I have been busy. I am still working (25-30+ hours a week). There has been tons of baking, mainly by my mother (try the peanut butter Reese’s cookies). I have a Scentsy fundraiser going at the moment (IT SMELLS SO GOOD). All in all, I am blessed and grateful. The total is just about $1500. That is humbling and crazy to me. We are looking at flights. And packing lists. My passport application went out this week. I presented the need to church just over a month ago. I’ve had a lot of questions, so here’s my sort-of FAQ. Some place to answer a lot of the questions I’ve been getting. Always feel free to shoot me a message. I really love (and by that, I mean vastly prefer) one-on-one conversations with people. Please give me a call, shoot me a message, find me in person. But here’s some nutshell information.
Kahli’s YWAM Trip in A Nutshell
What The Money Goes To:
Lecture- $3900: This is the 3-month phase that takes place in Wisconsin. Here I will learn more about my relationship with God, God’s heart for these children, and the conditions in these children’s lives. This includes my housing, food, local outreach and books.
Outreach-$2500-$4000: This is the final 2 or so months of the program and what it involves is GOING with what we’ve been told into the lives of these children and using what we’ve learned to serve these people and communities. Past outreaches have gone to Mexico, India, Malaysia, Thailand, and Uganda. They just had a team this week return from Samoa. If you want to keep up on the trips they have going right now, like them on Facebook or follow on Instagram. They post all the time about what they are up to, and what trips they have going. This is determined within the first month of my DTS.
Some links that give you an idea of what I might be doing:
- Latvia: Sarah is a current staffer from YWAM Madison working with an organization called Freedom 61 that works with women in prostitution in Latvia.
- Samoa– This team just got back this week from teaching in a school in Samoa. This was YWAM Madison’s first trip to Samoa, and the stories and pictures just keep coming. They spent six weeks in a learning center, teaching kids ages 6-17.
- Thailand– This was a DTS student from this past year that went to Thailand on her DTS. She puts into such beautiful words why going into this is worthwhile.
Airfare and Insurance-$900- As we’re beginning to look, my flight into Madison will be about $310. Insurance is looking to be between $500-$700
Some have asked me if monthly or one-time would be best. My answer is go how you’re lead. There will still be regular expenses (phone bill, toiletries, incidentals. My hope is to do most of this with my own savings) and any remaining outreach funds that I don’t have by January. But the immediate need is my lecture as that is needed when I get there in January.
How You Can Help:
Prayer: Some specific things: In the last month or two, anxiety has been huge. I’ve struggled with this for a while but lately it has been paralyzing. Please pray for the discernment to see this for what it is and move through it. Thank God with me for how I’ve been blessed so far. God is good. Really good. Pray for his guidance as I move forward and buy flights, insurance, etc. Pray for my leaders, and my fellow DTS-ers.They are going through this same thing. Pray for our unity.
Spoil The Orphans: This is a program specific to YWAM Madison that put’s together physical items to give to the children we go to on outreach. We desperately want these children to make sure they know how much they are loved by our Creator and by us. I’ll attach a link down below to the ways you can help with this project.
Financial:I have no doubt that where God guides and leads, he will provide. If this is where God leads you to support me, then the need is definitely present and know that I am so blessed. A couple of things that have been happening:
- Taste and See: This is my mother’s baking page. She has been baking up a storm. Cookies primarily, but moving into the holiday season this is great for having homemade food without having to make it yourself. Go and like the page for what’s coming out of the kitchen from week to week.
- Scentsy: This is the link to my online party. It runs until November 9th, and 25% of what you buy goes towards the trip. A lot of people love these products. Links to the website to order from are on the Facebook page linked above.
I’ll continue to update as different fundraising opportunities come up. My YouCaring page is still up, and I update that as donations come in. To everyone who has donated? Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Any other questions? Shoot me an email (under the contact me tab) or find me on Facebook.